Software Quality Assurance Analysts & Testers
Quality Assurance Analyst (QA Analyst), Software Quality Assurance Engineer (SQA Engineer), Software Quality Engineer, Software Test Engineer
Select a military branch to see samples.
Computer Systems Programming; Cyber Defense Operations Apprentice, Client Systems Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Craftsman; Cyber Defense Operations Craftsman, Systems Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Helper, Software Development Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Journeyman, Security Operations; Cyber Warfare Operations Helper; Developmental Engineer, Astronautical; Developmental Engineer, General; Developmental Engineer, TankerNo similar titles were found.
Information Systems Management
Applications Developer; Aviation Logistics Information Management System (ALIMS) Specialist; Intelligence Software/Security Engineer; Management, Data Systems Officer
Automatic Data Processing Intelligence Officer; CVN Propulsion Plant Local Area Network (PPLAN) Manager; Computer Network Capability Development; Cryptologic Infrastructure Maintenance Supervisor; Cyber RandD Specialist; Fire Controlman; Submarine Carry-On Equipment (COE) Privileged Access Technician; Submarine Carry-On Equipment (COE) Supervisor; Submarine Carry-On Equipment (COE) Team Leader; Surface Cryptologic Carry-On Program (CCOP) DirectorNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Develop and execute software tests to identify software problems and their causes. Test system modifications to prepare for implementation. Document software and application defects using a bug tracking system and report defects to software or web developers. Create and maintain databases of known defects. May participate in software design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, operational characteristics, product designs, and schedules.
On the job, you would:
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Development environment software
- Apache Subversion SVN
- Oracle Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition J2EE
Data base user interface and query software
- Apache Hive
- Blackboard software
Program testing software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Penetration Testers
- Software Developers
- Validation Engineers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about software quality assurance analysts and testers.