Bioengineers & Biomedical Engineers
Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET), Biomedical Technician, Engineer, Process Engineer
Select a military branch to see samples.
Bioenvironmental Engineer; Bioenvironmental Engineer, Health Physics; Biomedical Equipment; Biomedical Equipment Apprentice; Biomedical Equipment Craftsman; Biomedical Equipment Helper; Biomedical Equipment Journeyman; Biomedical Equipment Manager; Biomedical Equipment Superintendent
Biochemistry; Health Services Systems ManagementNo similar titles were found.
Environmental Engineering Management Officer
Biochemist; Biomedical Equipment Technician
Bioenvironmental Engineer; Bioenvironmental Engineer, Health Physics
What they do:Apply knowledge of engineering, biology, chemistry, computer science, and biomechanical principles to the design, development, and evaluation of biological, agricultural, and health systems and products, such as artificial organs, prostheses, instrumentation, medical information systems, and health management and care delivery systems.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct research, along with life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists, on the engineering aspects of the biological systems of humans and animals.
- Adapt or design computer hardware or software for medical science uses.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- medicine and dentistry
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Enterprise application integration software
- Extensible markup language XML
- Microsoft Teams
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Biochemists & Biophysicists
- Bioinformatics Scientists
- Chemical Engineers
- Nanosystems Engineers
- Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists & Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about bioengineers and biomedical engineers.