Electrical & Electronics Drafters
Computer-Aided Design Operator, Drafter, Electrical Designer, Staking Technician (Staking Tech)
Select a military branch to see samples.
Electrical Systems; Electrical Systems Apprentice; Electrical Systems Craftsman; Electrical Systems Helper; Electrical Systems Journeyman; Engineering; Engineering Apprentice; Engineering Craftsman; Engineering Helper; Engineering Journeyman
Construction Engineering Technician; Engineer; Interior Electrician; Technical Engineer; Unit Supply Specialist
Electrician's Mate; Electronics Specialty; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Naval Engineering Specialty
Electrician; Engineer Equipment Electrical Systems Technician
Electrician's Mate; Engineering AidNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Prepare wiring diagrams, circuit board assembly diagrams, and layout drawings used for the manufacture, installation, or repair of electrical equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Draft detail and assembly drawings of design components, circuitry or printed circuit boards, using computer-assisted equipment or standard drafting techniques and devices.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications, or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets to be checked by an engineer or an architect.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- administrative services
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk Revit
- Bentley MicroStation
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- SAP software
- SoftBrands Fourth Shift Edition
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Architectural & Civil Drafters
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Electronics Engineers
- Mechanical Drafters
- Mechanical Engineering Technologists & Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about electrical and electronics drafters.