Also called: Planner, Transportation Analyst, Transportation Planner
In the Air Force: Cost Analysis; Fleet Management And Analysis Apprentice; Fleet Management And Analysis Helper; Ground Transportation; Ground Transportation Helper; Ground Transportation Superintendent; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Apprentice; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Helper; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Journeyman; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance, Apprentice, Material Handling Equipment (MHE)/463L Maintenance
In the Marine Corps: Distribution Management Specialist; Expeditionary Logistics Instructor; Logistics Officer; Motor Transport Operations Chief
- Recommend transportation system improvements or projects, based on economic, population, land-use, or traffic projections.
- Define regional or local transportation planning problems or priorities.
- Participate in public meetings or hearings to explain planning proposals, to gather feedback from those affected by projects, or to achieve consensus on project designs.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- English language
- product and service development
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
- come up with lots of ideas
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job: