Documentation Specialist, Information Developer, Technical Communicator, Technical Writer
Select a military branch to see samples.
All Source Intelligence Analyst; All Source Intelligence Analyst Journeyman; Cryptologic Analyst and Reporter Helper; Cyber Intelligence Craftsman; Cyber Intelligence Journeyman, Analyst; Emergency Management Helper; Human Intelligence Specialist Apprentice; Public Affairs Apprentice; Public Affairs Manager; Space Systems Operations Apprentice
Human Intelligence Collector; Intelligence Analyst; Intelligence Senior Sergeant; Signals Acquisition/Exploitation Analyst; Signals Intelligence AnalystNo similar titles were found.
Advanced Visual Information-Graphics Marine; Combat Graphics Specialist; Counterintelligence/Human Intelligence (CI/HUMINT) Specialist; Intelligence Specialist
Broadcaster; CWO - Information Warfare Technician; Fleet Maintenance Activity Nuclear Planner; Intermediate Public Affairs Specialist; LDO - Intelligence; Mass Communications Specialist; Nuclear Propulsion Plant Planner; Quartermaster; RL - Special Duty Officer - Information Warfare Officer; Training Publications and Curriculum OfficerNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. May assist in layout work.
On the job, you would:
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- administrative services
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by writing
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Web platform development software
- Microsoft ASP.NET
- Oracle JavaServer Pages JSP
Web page creation and editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- Google Sites
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
associate's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Clinical Data Managers
- Document Management Specialists
- Software Developers
- Writers & Authors
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about technical writers.