Hairdressers, Hairstylists, & Cosmetologists
Cosmetologist, Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Hairstylist
- Keep work stations clean and sanitize tools, such as scissors and combs.
- Bleach, dye, or tint hair, using applicator or brush.
- Cut, trim and shape hair or hairpieces, based on customers' instructions, hair type, and facial features, using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- create new and original ideas
- come up with lots of ideas
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Video creation and editing software
- Intuit QuickBooks
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: