Tour Guides & Escorts
Docent, Historical Interpreter, Museum Guide, Tour Guide
- Describe tour points of interest to group members, and respond to questions.
- Escort individuals or groups on cruises, sightseeing tours, or through places of interest, such as industrial establishments, public buildings, or art galleries.
- Monitor visitors' activities to ensure compliance with establishment or tour regulations and safety practices.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- history and archeology
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Pear Deck
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Centaur Systems Centaur Travel Business Management System TBMS
- TourTech Systems TourTools
Get started on your career: