Buyer, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Clerk, Purchasing Specialist
Select a military branch to see samples.
Acquisition Manager; Acquisition Manager, General; Contracting Apprentice; Contracting, Airlift; Contracting, Special Operations; Fleet Management And Analysis Journeyman; Materiel Leader; Medical Materiel; Operations Management; Senior Materiel Leader-Upper Echelon
Acquisition; Ammunition Specialist; Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist; Cargo Specialist; Contracting Noncommissioned Officer (NCO); Medical Logistics Specialist; Quartermaster Officer; Railway Specialist (USAR only); Supply Systems Technician; Transportation Management Coordinator
Finance and Supply Specialty; Naval Engineering Specialty; Storekeeper
Acquisition Core Member; Ammunition Inventory Management Specialist; Aviation Maintenance Data Specialist; Aviation Ordnance Chief; Aviation Support Equipment Asset Manager; Basic Supply Administration and Operations Marine; Inventory Management Specialist; Marine Acquisition Officer - Ground; Operational Contract Support (OCS) Officer; Requirements Manager
Acquisition Specialist; Ammunition Inventory Management (IM) Specialist; Contracting Professional (DAWAI) Certified; Logistician; Logistics Specialist (Submarine); Naval Plant Representative; Program Manager, Weapons Systems; Space Acquisition Officer; Submarine Logistician; Weapons Administrator
Contracting; Contracting Apprentice; Contracting Helper; Contracting Journeyman
What they do:
Compile information and records to draw up purchase orders for procurement of materials and services.
On the job, you would:
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
Arts and Humanities
- administrative services
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: