Customer Service Representatives
Account Representative, Customer Service Representative (CSR), Customer Service Specialist, Member Services Representative (Member Services Rep)
Select a military branch to see samples.
Financial Management and Comptroller; Financial Management and Comptroller Craftsman; Financial Management and Comptroller Superintendent; Health Services Management Apprentice; Health Services Management Helper; Health Services Management Journeyman, Health Information Technology; Personnel Apprentice; Personnel Helper; Public Affairs; Public Affairs Craftsman
Financial Management Technician
Personnel Administration Specialty; Yeoman
Finance Technician; Financial Management Resource Analyst; Marine Corps Community Services Marine
Logistics Specialist; Personnel Specialist; Retail Operator; Retail Services Specialist; Ship's Store Afloat Resale Operations Management (ROM) ManagerNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Interact with customers to provide basic or scripted information in response to routine inquiries about products and services. May handle and resolve general complaints. Excludes individuals whose duties are primarily installation, sales, repair, and technical support.
On the job, you would:
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- looking for ways to help people
- bringing people together to solve differences
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Yardi software
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Salesforce software
- Telemation e-CRM
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAP software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Billing & Posting Clerks
- Insurance Claims & Policy Processing Clerks
- Receptionists & Information Clerks
- Sales Representatives of Services
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about customer service representatives.