Materials Specialist, Order Clerk, Sales Assistant, Warehouse Clerk
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aircraft Loadmaster; Aircraft Loadmaster Apprentice, EC-130J; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, C-130H; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, MC-130H; Aircraft Loadmaster Journeyman, C-146; Aircraft Loadmaster Journeyman, MC-130P; In-Flight Refueling Specialist Craftsman; In-Flight Refueling Specialist Journeyman, KC-46; Medical Materiel Apprentice; Munitions Systems Helper
Ammunition Specialist; Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist; Automated Logistical Specialist; Food Service Technician; Medical Logistics Specialist; Property Accounting Technician; Supply Systems Technician; Unit Supply Specialist
Ammunition Technician; Aviation Maintenance Data Specialist; Aviation Supply Specialist; Inventory Management Specialist; Landing Support Specialist; Logistics/Embarkation Specialist; Logistics/Mobility Chief; Marine Corps Community Services Marine; Supply Chain and Materiel Management SpecialistNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
What they do:Receive and process incoming orders for materials, merchandise, classified ads, or services such as repairs, installations, or rental of facilities. Generally receives orders via mail, phone, fax, or other electronic means. Duties include informing customers of receipt, prices, shipping dates, and delays; preparing contracts; and handling complaints.
On the job, you would:
- Verify customer and order information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained information as necessary.
- Receive and respond to customer complaints.
- Review orders for completeness according to reporting procedures and forward incomplete orders for further processing.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- quickly know what you are looking at
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAP software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Customer Service Representatives
- Postal Service Clerks
- Procurement Clerks
- Shipping, Receiving, & Inventory Clerks
- Stockers & Order Fillers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about order clerks.