Couriers & Messengers
Courier, Driver, Laboratory Courier, Messenger
Select a military branch to see samples.
Combat Crew Communications; Courier; Defense Attache; Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (SERE) Specialist; Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (SERE) Specialist Apprentice; Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (SERE) Specialist Craftsman; Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (SERE) Specialist Helper; Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (SERE) Specialist Journeyman; Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (SERE) Specialist SuperintendentNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
Combat Crew Communications; Defense Attache
What they do:Pick up and deliver messages, documents, packages, and other items between offices or departments within an establishment or directly to other business concerns, traveling by foot, bicycle, motorcycle, automobile, or public conveyance.
On the job, you would:
- Deliver and pick up medical records, lab specimens, and medications to and from hospitals and other medical facilities.
- Obtain signatures and payments, or arrange for recipients to make payments.
- Record information, such as items received and delivered and recipients' responses to messages.
- customer service
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- put together small parts with your fingers
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Light Truck Drivers
- Mail Clerks & Mail Machine Operators
- Postal Service Clerks
- Postal Service Mail Carriers
- Shipping, Receiving, & Inventory Clerks
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about couriers and messengers.