Proofreaders & Copy Markers
Copy Editor, News Copy Editor, Proofreader, Typesetter
Select a military branch to see samples.
Public Affairs; Public Affairs Apprentice; Public Affairs Craftsman; Public Affairs Helper; Public Affairs Journeyman; Public Affairs Manager; Public Affairs SuperintendentNo similar titles were found.
Public Affairs Specialist; Public Information SpecialtyNo similar titles were found.
Broadcaster; Communication Director; Creative Director; Intermediate Public Affairs Specialist; Mass Communications Specialist; Master Photojournalist; Motion Picture and Television Project Officer; Multimedia Director/Producer; Pictorial Editor; WriterNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Excludes workers whose primary duty is editing copy. Includes proofreaders of braille.
On the job, you would:
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
Computer based training software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
Desktop publishing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about proofreaders and copy markers.