Roof Bolters, Mining
Bolter, Roof Bolter, Roof Bolter Operator, Underground Roof Bolter
see titles from the Air Force
, or Marine Corps
Heavy Repair Superintendent
Combat Engineer; Combat Engineer Officer; Engineer Equipment Operator
What they do:
Operate machinery to install roof support bolts in underground mine.
On the job, you would:
- Drill bolt holes into roofs at specified distances from ribs or adjacent bolts.
- Pull down loose rock that cannot be supported.
- Position bolting machines, and insert drill bits into chucks.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Engineering and Technology
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Caterpillar Cat MineStar System
Data base user interface and query software
Industrial control software