Glass Blowers, Molders, Benders, & Finishers
Glass Bender, Glass Blower, Neon Glass Bender, Neon Tube Bender
Select a military branch to see samples.
Structural; Structural Apprentice; Structural Craftsman; Structural Helper; Structural JourneymanNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
What they do:Shape molten glass according to patterns.
On the job, you would:
- Heat glass to pliable stage, using gas flames or ovens and rotating glass to heat it uniformly.
- Inspect, weigh, and measure products to verify conformance to specifications, using instruments such as micrometers, calipers, magnifiers, or rulers.
- Record manufacturing information, such as quantities, sizes, or types of goods produced.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- change when and how fast you move based on how something else is moving
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Billing software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
no high school diploma/GED or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Cutting & Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Extruding, Forming, Pressing, & Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Machine Feeders & Offbearers
- Molders, Shapers, & Casters
- Molding, Coremaking, & Casting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about glass blowers, molders, benders, and finishers.