Glazer, Jiggerman, Potter, Production Potter
- Operate gas or electric kilns to fire pottery pieces.
- Mix and apply glazes to pottery pieces, using tools, such as spray guns.
- Raise and shape clay into wares, such as vases and pitchers, on revolving wheels, using hands, fingers, and thumbs.
Arts and Humanities
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- customer service
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Ideas and Logic
- create new and original ideas
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Inventory management software
- Inventory control software
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: