Equal Opportunity Representatives & Officers
Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer), Civil Rights Investigator, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer), Equal Opportunity Specialist
What they do:Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
On the job, you would:
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
Safety and Government
- law and government
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- human resources (HR)
- customer service
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- see hidden patterns
- quickly know what you are looking at
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Human resources software
- Bashen LinkLine
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Compensation, Benefits, & Job Analysis Specialists
- Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- Human Resources Managers
- Human Resources Specialists
- Labor Relations Specialists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about equal opportunity representatives and officers.