Labor Relations Specialists
Arbitrator, Business Representative, Labor Relations Specialist, Labor Specialist
- Negotiate collective bargaining agreements.
- Investigate and evaluate union complaints or arguments to determine viability.
- Propose resolutions for collective bargaining or other labor or contract negotiations.
- human resources (HR)
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- law and government
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- bringing people together to solve differences
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Human resources software
- Internet Grievance System IGS
- Micropact entellitrak Labor Relations Edition
Get started on your career: