Amusement & Recreation Attendants
Also called: Recreation Attendant, Ride Operator, Service Representative, Ski Lift Operator
What they do:Perform variety of attending duties at amusement or recreation facility. May schedule use of recreation facilities, maintain and provide equipment to participants of sporting events or recreational pursuits, or operate amusement concessions and rides.
On the job, you would:
- Sell tickets and collect fees from customers.
- Sell and serve refreshments to customers.
- Record details of attendance, sales, receipts, reservations, or repair activities.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Desktop publishing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe PageMaker