Baggage Porters & Bellhops
Also called: Bellman, Sky Cap, Skycap, Valet
What they do:Handle baggage for travelers at transportation terminals or for guests at hotels or similar establishments.
On the job, you would:
- Transfer luggage, trunks, and packages to and from rooms, loading areas, vehicles, or transportation terminals, by hand or using baggage carts.
- Greet incoming guests and escort them to their rooms.
- Receive and mark baggage by completing and attaching claim checks.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office
Electronic mail software