Baggage Porters & Bellhops
Also called: Bell Captain, Bellman, Skycap, Valet
What they do:Handle baggage for travelers at transportation terminals or for guests at hotels or similar establishments.
On the job, you would:
- Receive and mark baggage by completing and attaching claim checks.
- Greet incoming guests and escort them to their rooms.
- Transport guests about premises and local areas, or arrange for transportation.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office
Electronic mail software