Hotel, Motel, & Resort Desk Clerks
Front Desk Agent, Front Desk Clerk, Guest Services Agent (GSA), Night Auditor
What they do:Accommodate hotel, motel, and resort patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
On the job, you would:
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Issue room keys and escort instructions to bellhops.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Incident tracking software
- Yardi software
Instant messaging software
Facilities management software
- ASI FrontDesk
- Resort Data Processing
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Counter & Rental Clerks
- Locker Room, Coatroom, & Dressing Room Attendants
- Lodging Managers
- Receptionists & Information Clerks
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about hotel, motel, and resort desk clerks.