Chef Concierge, Club Concierge, Guest Service Agent, Hotel Concierge
What they do:Assist patrons at hotel, apartment, or office building with personal services. May take messages; arrange or give advice on transportation, business services, or entertainment; or monitor guest requests for housekeeping and maintenance.
On the job, you would:
- Provide directions to guests.
- Make reservations for patrons, such as for dinner, spa treatments, or golf tee times, and obtain tickets to special events.
- Provide information about local features, such as shopping, dining, nightlife, or recreational destinations.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Billing software
- Budgeting software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Baggage Porters & Bellhops
- Counter & Rental Clerks
- Hotel, Motel, & Resort Desk Clerks
- Passenger Attendants
- Reservation & Transportation Ticket Agents & Travel Clerks
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about concierges.