Reservation & Transportation Ticket Agents & Travel Clerks
Also called: Customer Service Agent, Reservation Agent, Reservations Agent, Ticket Agent
What they do:Make and confirm reservations for transportation or lodging, or sell transportation tickets. May check baggage and direct passengers to designated concourse, pier, or track; deliver tickets, contact individuals and groups to inform them of package tours; or provide tourists with travel or transportation information.
On the job, you would:
- Examine passenger documentation to determine destinations and to assign boarding passes.
- Trace lost, delayed, or misdirected baggage for customers.
- Check baggage and cargo and direct passengers to designated locations for loading.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Social Orientation
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Electronic mail software
Office suite software