Secretaries & Administrative Assistants
Administrative Assistant (Admin Assistant), Administrative Secretary (Admin Secretary), Office Assistant, Secretary
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- administrative services
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Oracle PeopleSoft
Data base user interface and query software
- Blackboard software
- Yardi software
Video conferencing software
- Cisco Webex
Get started on your career: