Slaughterers & Meat Packers
Also called: Meat Packer, Meat Processor, Meat Trimmer, Meat Wrapper
What they do:Work in slaughtering, meat packing, or wholesale establishments performing precision functions involving the preparation of meat. Work may include specialized slaughtering tasks, cutting standard or premium cuts of meat for marketing, making sausage, or wrapping meats.
On the job, you would:
- Remove bones, and cut meat into standard cuts in preparation for marketing.
- Sever jugular veins to drain blood and facilitate slaughtering.
- Tend assembly lines, performing a few of the many cuts needed to process a carcass.
- customer service
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
- lift, push, pull, or carry
- use your lower back and stomach
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Inventory management software
- AgInfoLink Meat Inventory Tracking System MITS
- RFID software
- Integrated Management Systems Food Connex Cloud
- Second Foundation NaviMeat
- AccountMate Software AccountMate