Labor Relations Specialists
Business Agent, Business Representative, Field Operations Coordinator, Labor Relations Specialist
Select a military branch to see samples.
Equal Opportunity; Equal Opportunity Craftsman; Equal Opportunity Helper; Equal Opportunity Journeyman; Equal Opportunity Manager; Equal Opportunity Superintendent
Human Resources Specialist; Human Resources Technician
Personnel Administration Specialty; Yeoman
Equal Opportunity Advisor (EOA)
Fire Controlman; Fire Controlman (AEGIS)No similar titles were found.
What they do:Resolve disputes between workers and managers, negotiate collective bargaining agreements, or coordinate grievance procedures to handle employee complaints.
On the job, you would:
- Negotiate collective bargaining agreements.
- Monitor company or workforce adherence to labor agreements.
- Present the position of the company or of labor during arbitration or other labor negotiations.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- human resources (HR)
Safety and Government
- law and government
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- bringing people together to solve differences
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Human resources software
- Internet Grievance System IGS
- Micropact entellitrak Labor Relations Edition
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Arbitrators, Mediators, & Conciliators
- Compensation, Benefits, & Job Analysis Specialists
- Equal Opportunity Representatives & Officers
- Human Resources Managers
- Human Resources Specialists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about labor relations specialists.