Social & Human Service Assistants
Advocate, Clinical Assistant, Social Work Associate, Social Worker Assistant
Select a military branch to see samples.
AFROTC Training Instructor; Airman and Family Readiness Center Readiness NCO; Mental Health Service; Mental Health Service Craftsman; Mental Health Service Journeyman; Mental Health Service Superintendent; Religious Affairs; Religious Affairs Craftsman; Religious Affairs Journeyman; Religious Affairs Superintendent
Behavioral Health Specialist; Religious Affairs Specialist; Social WorkNo similar titles were found.
Correctional Counselor; Substance Abuse Control Officer; Substance Abuse Control Specialist
Behavioral Health Technician; Clinical Social Worker; Correctional Counselor; Family Services Center Director; Navy Drug and Alcohol Counselor; Navy Drug and Alcohol Counselor Intern; Navy Primary Prevention (PP) and Human Factors Process (HFP) Advanced Professional Development Train the Trainer Certification; Religious Program SpecialistNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Assist other social and human service providers in providing client services in a wide variety of fields, such as psychology, rehabilitation, or social work, including support for families. May assist clients in identifying and obtaining available benefits and social and community services. May assist social workers with developing, organizing, and conducting programs to prevent and resolve problems relevant to substance abuse, human relationships, rehabilitation, or dependent care.
On the job, you would:
- Assess clients' cognitive abilities and physical and emotional needs to determine appropriate interventions.
- Develop and implement behavioral management and care plans for clients.
- Keep records or prepare reports for owner or management concerning visits with clients.
- customer service
- administrative services
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- therapy and counseling
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- MEDITECH software
- PointClickCare healthcare software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Child, Family, & School Social Workers
- Healthcare Social Workers
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Mental Health Counselors
- Rehabilitation Counselors
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about social and human service assistants.