First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation & Serving Workers
Cafeteria Manager, Food Service Manager, Food Service Supervisor, Kitchen Manager
Select a military branch to see samples.
Diet Therapy; Diet Therapy Apprentice; Diet Therapy Helper; Diet Therapy Journeyman; Diet Therapy Superintendent; Dietitian; Services Apprentice; Services Craftsman; Services Journeyman; Services Manager
Culinary Specialist; Dietitian; Food Service Technician; Medical Specialist Corps Officer; Nutrition Care Specialist; Unit Supply Specialist
Food Service Officer; Food Service Specialist; Marine Aide; Marine Corps Community Services Marine
CWO - Food Service; Culinary Specialist; Culinary Specialist (Submarine); Dietitian; Food Service Officer; Leading Culinary Specialist; Mess Treasurer/Caterer; Submarine Culinary Specialist; Submarine Leading Culinary Specialist; Wardroom/Galley Supervisor
Diet Therapy; Diet Therapy Manager; Diet Therapy Superintendent; Services; Services Craftsman; Services Superintendent
What they do:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
On the job, you would:
- Perform various financial activities, such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food service.
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
- customer service
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- talking to others
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- looking for ways to help people
- selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- making spending decisions and keeping track of what is spent
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Restaurant Operations & Management Spreadsheet Library
Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
Point of sale POS software
- Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale
- ParTech PixelPoint POS
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- First-Line Supervisors of Entertainment & Recreation Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Farming, Fishing, & Forestry Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping & Janitorial Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Production & Operating Workers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about first-line supervisors of food preparation and serving workers.